Mango, the “King of Fruits” is a rich source of vitamins, nutrients and fiber and rich in flavor as well. It is the most widely consumed in the world.health benefits of Mango. Mangoes also contribute copper, calcium, and iron to the diet as well as antioxidants.
Top 10 Health Benefits of Mango.
1. Excellent Source of Vitamin C: Vitamin C is important for the growth and repair of all body tissues and helps defend against infection and disease.
2. Good Source of other Vitamins. Mangoes also contain vitamin A, essential to healthy vision and skin; vitamin B6, vital to many functions in the body; and folate, which helps the body form red blood cells and reduce the risk of birth defects.
3. Antioxidant properties. Antioxidants in mangoes help neutralize free radicals that can cause cell damage leading to cancer, heart disease, and other age-related conditions. Antioxidants are essential for a healthy immune system. health benefits of Mango.
4. Asthma Prevention: The risks for developing asthma are lower in people who consume a high amount of beta-carotene, which is found in mangoes.
5. Bone Health: Low intakes of vitamin K have been associated with a higher risk for bone fracture. Adequate vitamin K consumption can be achieved by eating a proper intake of fruits and vegetables and is important for improving calcium absorption essential for optimal bone health.
6. Prevents Cancer
7. Reduced risk of diabetes: Studies have shown that consuming high-fiber diets can lower blood glucose levels and improves blood sugar, lipids and insulin levels. One cup of mango provides about 3 grams of fiber.
8. Digestion: Mangoes, because of their fiber and water content, help to prevent constipation and promote regularity and a healthy digestive tract.
9. Skin and Hair Health: Mangoes also great for your hair because they contain vitamin A, a nutrient required for sebum production that keeps hair moisturized. Vitamin A is also necessary for the growth of all bodily tissues, including skin and hair.health benefits of Mango.health benefits of Mango.
10. Heart health: The fiber, potassium and vitamin content in mangoes all help to ward off heart disease. An increase in potassium intake along with a decrease in sodium intake is the most important dietary change that a person can make to reduce their risk of cardiovascular disease.